Program Manager, HVAC and Natural Gas
The Program Manager is the business manager of one or more programs that transform markets for energy efficient products, services and practices. This particular role will have a focus on Commercial HVAC and Natural Gas programs. The Program Manager is responsible for assuring the overall design, planning, resourcing and execution of assigned market transformation programs. The Program Manager coordinates, leads, and works cross-functionally while managing and creating critical market relationships to implement market transformation programs and is accountable to deliver the associated business results. The Program Manager position is highly collaborative which includes but not limited to; facilitation of communication within Program teams, leading and delivering project schedules against milestones, as well as identifies, escalates and resolves issues resulting from development efforts.
The incumbent will share our deep commitment to diversity and inclusion and advancing practices, strategies and policies that achieve equitable outcomes for all.
Salary range: $80,000 - $89,000 exempt
As a federal contractor, NEEA requires all employees to complete their COVID-19 vaccination series or have an approved exception to the requirement due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Successful candidates for this position must submit vaccination documentation or be approved for an exception prior to their first day of employment. Failure to provide proof of full documentation or receipt of an approved exception will lead to withdrawal of the job offer.
Could This Be Your Dream Job?
Do you enjoy leading complex, long-term projects and building something new from the ground up? Does the prospect of helping to maneuver efficient technologies into the market excite you? Are you the kind of person that isn’t afraid to dive right in to the middle and mix it up with teams of nationally recognized experts?
The Typical Day May Include…
- Oversee daily program operations including: stakeholder management, internal/external reporting, leading internal teams, preparing Initiative Life Cycle documentation, executing implementation strategies, and managing contractors and program budgets.
- Lead cross-functional team in developing and continuously refining the program strategy.
- Work proactively with internal and external strategic partners to build and deliver creative market intervention strategies
- Balance needs of a diverse group of stakeholders and industry partners including utilities, manufacturers and distributors to achieve multi-year program goals and achieve market lift.
What Are You Good At?
Top performers will be excited about increasing availability and adoption of energy efficient products across the Northwest region. You will enjoy thinking creatively to help build a business case that ultimately influences activity and builds a portfolio of new energy efficient products. You enjoy working in a complex environment in which no two days are the same.
You Likely Have the Following Experience:
- The ability to systematically identify barriers, develop activities to address those barriers and implement those activities.
- Experience working with technical concepts and making sound business decisions based on technical and market attributes.
- Experience leading a cross-functional team with distinct experiences and perspectives.
- The intuition to identify how your stakeholders and partners want to be communicated with and utilizing those communications approaches. These may include: 1-on-1 conversations, phone conversations, in-person meetings, newsletters, emails, web meetings, group presentations, emails, newsletters, and trainings.
Your Education, Experience, and Skills:
- A minimum of 5 - 7 years of experience managing complex programs in a cross-functional team environment. New product development experience a plus.
- BA/BS Degree with major course work in engineering, economics, or business; MBA or related degree a plus
- Experience managing programs comprised of multiple projects required.
- Strong investigative and exploratory skills.
- Able to prioritize competing demands from various internal and external clients.
- Experience applying quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Experience managing contracts and contractors to achieve project objectives required.
- Ability to do a combination of communications, coordination, documentation, and detailed technical work in a fast-paced environment. Experience managing remote project teams.
- Drives to good decisions with incomplete information; applies best practices in adaptive strategy and change management.
- Assesses progress toward clearly defined and articulated business objectives by maintaining a scorecard for each Program. Ensures market progress metrics and goals are set, tracked and reported for each Program.
- HVAC experience preferred.
- Experience and knowledge in one or more of NEEA’s strategic markets (consumer products; commercial buildings and systems; industrial and agricultural systems and practices) preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education, experience and training that would provide the knowledge, skills and abilities required for the successful performance of the essential job duties will also be considered.
While NEEA’s office is located in Portland, Oregon consideration will be taken for applicants who may not be in the Portland metro area to work remotely. NEEA will facilitate ongoing off-site work arrangements for employees when such arrangements allow all business commitments to be met at the same level as if the employee were working in the office environment. We are happy to discuss our telecommute policies throughout the hiring process.