Program Coordinator - Lighting, Building Envelope, and BetterBricks
The Program Coordinator works directly with their supervisor and/or team members in support of the day-to-day program tracking, program and product group coordination, to increase the operational efficiency and effectiveness. Using strong organizational skills, the person will support their direct and cross functional teams by coordinating and tracking project activities and communications within programs and product groups to ensure that goals and deliverables are accomplished. This person will work closely with their project team ensuring timely completion of critical path projects within a program or product group by communicating project status and impact.
This role will have a focus on NEEA’s lighting and building envelope product groups, as well as provide support to the BetterBricks program.
The incumbent will share our deep commitment to diversity and inclusion and advancing practices, strategies and policies that achieve equitable outcomes for all.
Salary range: $57,000 - $63,000, exempt
As a federal contractor, NEEA requires all employees to complete their COVID-19 vaccination series or have an approved exception to the requirement due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Successful candidates for this position must submit vaccination documentation or be approved for an exception prior to their first day of employment. Failure to provide proof of full documentation or receipt of an approved exception will lead to withdrawal of the job offer.
Could This Be Your Dream Job?
Are you motivated by bringing efficiency and effectiveness into a team through your strong organizational skills? Do you enjoy supporting a highly motivated, mission-driven, cross-functional team and assisting with reaching team goals? Are you inspired by identifying critical path activities and diving right into the middle to help drive projects, timelines, and key deliverables to completion?
The Typical Day May Include…
- Coordinate program team activities to meet the goals and objectives of the team including, but not limited to scheduling meetings and logistics, capturing notes, providing support for RFP, RFQ, and contract processes.
- Coordinate and support contracts from initiation through close. Support contract and program reporting (tracking monthly report and invoices).
- Coordinate financial updates and forecasting.
- Develop program schedules and master schedules through a collaborative process and ensure clear plans, expectations and agreements are visible and communicated.
- Work with extra regional partners (outside of the Pacific Northwest) to coordinate, prep, and organize meetings and activities.
- Develop, edit or proofread material in support of program activities such as presentations, internal or external reports and documents, talking points, statements of work, meeting minutes, etc.
- Serve as a SharePoint site owner to NEEA’s cross-functional team and provide support and recommendations for site continuous improvements.
What Are You Good At?
Top performers will be excited about making things happen. You will enjoy working with cross-functional teams and helping them be organized and efficient. You have a positive, can-do attitude and are energized by supporting teams to make decisions in a collaborative environment. You are motivated by NEEA’s mission to transform the market for energy efficiency to the benefit of consumers in the Northwest.
You Likely Have the Following Experience:
- Know-how to develop and manage project plans and schedules. Drive results through hands on project management. Communicate changes and progress to ensure completion of projects on time and within budget. Manage project team activities.
- Experience demonstrating both business planning and implementation skills to align work with strategic goals.
- Understand how to prioritize and plan work activities while remaining flexible, adaptable and enthusiastic about supporting the team.
- Inquisitive ability with a willingness to learn and be engaged with new technologies, products, and systems. Comfortable speaking up and open to asking questions when projects are ambiguous, but also motivated to seek answers or pathways with limited guidance when appropriate.
- Ability to collect and synthesize data to support decision making. Ability to spot and communicate patterns and trends.
- Project coordination, scheduling and estimating skills.
Your Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in business, economics, or related field.
- Minimum 3 years demonstrated successful project management and/or business analyst experience in energy efficiency, resource conservation, and product marketing a plus. Project management training/certification a plus.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Project, and SharePoint.
- Conduct yourself as a well-organized self-starter with the ability to multi-task and be proactive in a complex environment.
- Demonstrate attention to detail, accuracy and thoroughness. Look for ways to improve and promote quality. Apply feedback to improve performance. Monitor own work to ensure quality.
- Speak and write clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Listen and get clarification. Present information and data effectively.
- Be comfortable asking questions about new technologies and programs.
- Demonstrate customer service skills and orientation. Demonstrate ability to successfully collaborate across cross-functional teams.
- Strong motivation to solve problems, result and outcome driven.
- Comfortable with data systems, spreadsheets, and PPT presentations.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities will be important since the person will work with two teams.
- Influence internal and external teams to implement plans and meet deadlines.
- An equivalent combination of education, experience and training that would provide the knowledge, skills and abilities required for the successful performance of the essential job duties will also be considered.
While NEEA’s office is located in Portland, Oregon consideration will be taken for applicants who may not be in the Portland metro area to work remotely. NEEA will facilitate ongoing off-site work arrangements for employees when such arrangements allow all business commitments to be met at the same level as if the employee were working in the office environment. We are happy to discuss our telecommute policies throughout the hiring process.