Sr. Product Manager, Natural Gas
The Product Manager contributes to NEEA’s strategic goal of filling the energy efficiency “pipeline” with new energy efficient products, practices, and services in collaboration with both internal and external stakeholders. This position requires exceptional communication skills as the product manager communicates the value of energy efficiency and offers practical direction to a variety of organizations including manufacturers, distributors, and installers to encourage the development and deployment of efficient products, services and best practices. The Product Manager tracks, validates performance and designs strategies to accelerate the deployment of efficient products through-out the products lifecycle and until the market is transformed. By successfully tracking and assessing the performance of products that meet utility needs, are attractive to end users and support a vibrant supply chain, product managers contribute to NEEA’s second strategic goal of transforming markets. Product managers work largely in cross-functional teams as a key contributor to new and existing Market Transformation Initiatives.
Salary Range: $96,000 - $115,000 exempt
Could This Be Your Dream Job?
Are you curious about how to solve complex market and product problems using new technologies and by creatively nudging the market to move in new directions? Do you enjoy mentoring people of all skills and backgrounds so that they gain new perspectives about their businesses and markets? Are you practical and patient, but still able to maintain an inspiring vision of what could be? Are you interested in working for a respected organization that enables access to corporate leaders around the country but is still small enough to see the direct impacts of your contributions? Are you interested in working for an organization where employees really do believe in the mission of the organization and help each other to achieve it?
If you answered yes to these questions please read on to learn more:
The Typical Day May Include…
- Reviewing research on lab studies about new technologies that might be useful for helping improve the efficiency of natural gas products in homes and commercial buildings.
- Collaborating with national and international standards and ratings organizations to improve product testing and labeling methods to accurately prove product performance and efficiency levels.
- Partnering with utility managers to share insights on the market and products that could help them meet their goals.
- Coordinating with NEEA program teams to develop and implement with limited resources strategic actions that change the market.
- Developing product assessment plans and managing the contractors doing the work.
- Fostering and maintaining business relationships with manufactures, distributors and other market actors to increase NEEA’s market influence.
What Are You Good At?
- Developing long lasting business relationships
- Communicating and collaborating to share your knowledge and co-generate solutions to complex problems.
- Learning and applying new information
- Understanding how markets work and how to identify market needs and leverage points
- Tracking products as they evolve through their lifecycles.
- Applying science and engineering principles to understand how products work and if they have the potential to meet their performance claims.
You Likely Have The Following:
- Exceptional communication skills
- Balanced experience with markets and technology, and curiosity to continuously learn and apply new knowledge.
- Desire to share and work for a common purpose that has economic and societal benefits
Your Education, Experience, and Skills:
- BA or BS degree in Engineering, Marketing, Business or related field required. MBA or Masters of Science/Engineering preferred.
- 10+ years of experience with increasing responsibility, preferably in new product development/introduction, and/or strategic product market management required.
- Demonstrated experience working with emerging technology, innovation or new product development, specifically identifying and developing strategies to overcome specific market barriers in the early stages of product life-cycle.
- Strong experience in market strategy development, including an understanding of market assessment, short and long-range forecasting, risk-assessment and management strategy
- Demonstrated complex project management experience required.
- Some supervisory or management experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with team leadership and facilitation preferred.
- Knowledge of energy efficiency, electric utility business and operations, and/or Northwest energy markets preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education, experience and training that would provide the knowledge, skills and abilities required for the successful performance of the essential job duties will also be considered.